What is L1 support?
Definition: L1 support is the first level of customer support in a multi-tiered support model. They focus on resolving basic customer inquiries, issues, or problems.
L1 support is provided by frontline support agents or customer service, who play a crucial role in the customer support process, as it serves as the first point of contact between the customers and the support team.
Efficient L1 support can lead to faster resolution times, increased customer satisfaction, and reduced workload on higher support tiers by resolving common issues and filtering out more complex problems for escalation.
L1 support is also known as Level 1 support or Tier 1 support.
Responsibilities of L1 support
- Responding to customer inquiries.
- Identifying customer issues and diagnosing the root of the problem.
- Providing basic troubleshooting and guidance to customers in resolving their issues.
- Answering FAQs related to products or services, features, account setup, billing inquiries, or general usage questions.
- Logging customer interactions and creating support tickets for tracking purposes.
- Escalating unresolved issues or complex problems to higher-level support tiers (e.g., L2 or L3 support) when necessary.